Old January 20th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Externet

Default I know almost nothing on helicopters...

Hi. First post here.
Always got it in my head, decided to ask today...

What if the body of a helicopter was built shaped with some tilt, as a
"sail" or with a vertical controllable aileron by its bottom, or both;
in such way that the downstream air flow from the main rotor caused the
same anti-torque as a tail rotor?

Trying other words... If the tail of a helicopter was vertical thin
wing shaped, with a controllable aileron to counteract the main rotor
torque by deflecting some downflow sideways in the right amount, to
eliminate the tail rotor... would it work?

Would it be too shaky because of the main blades spacing ? Pardon if
my wording is not proper.
Miguel