Old May 11th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Depreciating aircraft parts, dealing with taxes, etc.

On May 10, 7:00 pm, Andrew Gideon wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2007 16:18:34 -0700, Robert M. Gary wrote:
What taxable income are you trying to defer with depreciation???

I'm not sure that it's taxable income (which is part of my problem), but
I'm envisioning this asset called a "reserve account" growing over the
years until an overhaul is required.

- Andrew

Only the interest is taxable. Money put in by the owners to cover
expenses (now or future) shouldn't be taxable. If you owned a lunch
truck and needed to write a personal check to make payroll one month
you wouldn't tax that either.
However, depending on your state, you may owe a minimum state income
tax. In California the minimum tax for a corporation or LLC that has
an operation (i.e. airplane) in the state is $800/yr. I believe New
York and a few other states also have this "minimum franchise tax", so
watch out.

-robert