Old February 27th 18, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GPS anetenna location OK in baggage area of a fiblerglass glider?

I fly out west with a Powerflarm and a garmin 196 with remote antennae.The antennae are seperated by at least a foot or so under the glare sheild. At first and for years I had the 196 feeding my SN10B and without fail at exactly 00:00 UTC, I was usually on final glide or a long way from home, I would get about minute or three of dropouts. These would last for 5 to 30 seconds but very annoying. They would not show up on the 196, but I would get the warning on the SN10.If looking at the signal on the 196 it was always good and it would be updating its position constantly. After switching to the powerflarm as a gps source it has stopped. Still dont know why it was happening.

CH