View Single Post
Old September 18th 18, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Manley[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default A few newbie questions about the sport

4. Any tips on finding a school to begin lessons?

A very effective and efficient way to learn to fly is through the use of computer-based flight simulation software. Training can be done at home, on your schedule, at considerably less cost, in much less time, and there is no off-season. Unfortunately, very few glider clubs or commercial glider operations offer this mode of training.

That said, I do provide simulation-based training, at-a-distance (i.e., via the Internet), and I may be willing to take you and/or your daughter on as students. My services are free to those I elect to work with, and for reference purposes I can connect you to one or more of the 70 persons I have trained this way over the past 10 years.

Simulation-based flight training is not a complete course of instruction. After learning most (80-90%) of what you need to know in simulation, you would need to complete your training by applying your skills in an actual aircraft at a soaring club or commercial operation. However, showing up pre-trained will allow you to advance much more quickly through your aircraft-based training.

If interested, feel free to contact me via my website "gliderCFI.com" or call me at area code six zero eight, two two two, six eight four three.

Welcome to the sport.

Respectfully submitted for your consideration,

Scott Manley CFIG