Old July 2nd 03, 12:37 AM
L'acrobat

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
Sunny wrote:

Only in your opinion, if it's accepted practice in a country, so be it.
(BTW I personally have earned and wear my own)
Nothing wrong with a young child proudly wearing his dads medals, on his
right breast.

It's not just my opinion, it's the law here. Here's the FAQ on the
matter on the Department of National Defence site:
http://www.dnd.ca/hr/dhh/engraph/faq...onawa&FaqID=25.
Here is the applicable section:
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/41...ml#section-419. It's only a
summary conviction offence, but still a criminal matter.

Not according to the expert in your reference

http://entertainment.iafrica.com/news/255842.htm

Clive Cheesman of the British College of Arms told the magazine: "It's not a
criminal offense"

However, lets recap your whining for clarity.

You are upset that an Australian wore a decoration whilst in the USA that
was awarded to an Australian (his grandfather) by the Queen of Australia,
according to Australian law and usages in such a fashion as to not comply
with UK usages.

While you were checking did you look to see how Crowes wearing of the medal
stood up under Russian law?, Turkish?, Sharia?, Chinese? or any other laws
or usages that do not in any way apply to this case?