Old August 30th 04, 02:48 PM
Jay Smith

Greg Esres wrote:
The whole purpose of my exercise is to determine the minimum turn
radius and maximum rate of turn for a given weight. This is dependent
upon air density (hence, density altitude) and true airspeed.

Hmmm. Air density doesn't appear in the formulas that I have. Load
factor and true airspeed are the only variables. And load factor
should be independent of density altitude.
What are you doing with air density?

Trying to figure minimum safe altitudes for recovery from vertical dives
at different times of the year under different temperature/humidity
conditions.