Old February 5th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air

Default How much can they take?

Gentlemen, (& ladies):

As a frequent flyer, I've had my share of rough weather flying &
landings. My most vivid memory is a flight from ORD to IAH a few years
back in Tropical Storm Alison. As we started to touch down, we
suddenly went back up, and were diverted because the control tower
flooded, and blacked out. I remember watching out the window at the
massive amounts of rain hitting the plane. What I'm wondering is:

How much water can these engines suck in before they start to foul out?