Old July 10th 03, 10:55 PM
Mark Cherry

Dr Speedbyrd wrote

the download of 'Real Time' fixes the time zone issue

Yes, I'd heard there was a downloadable fix but the person who told me said it
was something like 2Mb!!
Talk about a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Needless to say, I decided to just put up with the problem for the time being.
The most glaringly obvious manifestation of this bug I've experienced to date
was Anchorage to London, a 10hr flight (using accel time), departing in daylight
at Anchorage, which should have arrived at dawn, or late morning in the UK. FS98
decided it was 1am. local time, by the time I landed. The Zulu_arrival minus
zulu_departure time bore no relation to the elapsed flight time.

Part of the route was above 80ºN. It's possible that timezone.bgl does not
extend this far and, if you think about it, timezones are increasingly
meaningless when closer to the pole.

AFAIC, the essence of the bug is that FS is altering the zulu tme AS WELL AS the
local time, when you cross into a new timezone.

--
regards,

Mark