Old June 8th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default OTA -- a new twist to "call me when you land"

Peter R. wrote:
Man, I had that happen once at Syracuse. ATC accidentally skipped several
ATIS letters, jumping from J to P or something like that. When I called
clearance with Juliet, the controller lectured me that there was no way
that I could have received the ATIS, given that they were now at Papa.

For some unknown reason the old Austin airport ATIS used to skip
letters DURING the ATIS. You'd get something like:

"Austin ATIS information Sierra, winds... ... advise you have
information Tango."