Old May 3rd 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

Default 150's and 172's about the only planes flying!!

On 5/2/2007 7:22:13 PM, "Lee McGee" wrote:

Aviation is not dead, not even close.

Certainly not country-wide, but regionally there are signs of a decline. For
example, the largest flying club at my home airport of Syracuse, NY, at their
peak had over 60 members and three aircraft. These days they have one
aircraft and 25 members.

The flight school at the same airport's FBO at one time had four aircraft and
something like 4,500 hours per year being logged between them. I was told
recently by the flight school manager that they now have two aircraft that
logged about 1,200 hrs last year.

--
Peter