Old April 25th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.army
Bob Matthews

Default "Analyst: Obama Would Be A Nightmare For Defense Programs, Firms"

Mark Sieving wrote:
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:05:25 GMT, Ed Rasimus
wrote:

You might recall that the oil shortages of 1976 were caused by the
Carter administration assertion that we would be out of oil by 2000.

Can't say that I do. Do you have a cite for that assertion?

Incidentally, since the Carter administration started January 20,
1977, how did an assertion by that administration cause shortages in
1976?

And don't forget his 55 MPH national speed limit to save us oil.

The 55 mph speed limit started in 1974, during Nixon's administration.

No kidding. Professor Ed's knowledge of history matches his skill at
economic analysis. Maybe next he'll accuse Jane Fonda of imposing wage
and price controls in August of 1971.

Typical crackpot blather.

Cheers

==bob