Old March 1st 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dana M. Hague[_2_]

Default Stall Warning - AofA

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 11:12:59 -0600, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

One of the design features of the Cessna 150 that I admired most is the
stall warning. It is a small aperture in the lower curve of the leading
edge guarded by a wire screen (those pesky flies!) The cavity connects
to a tube leading to the wing root in the cabin. There, covering the
other end of the tube is a mouth organ reed...

Hah!

Many years ago I took my then recent bride for her first small
airplane ride in a 150 borrowed from a friend (since my T-Craft had
been down for work for some time). Being young and foolish and a
showoff, I decided to do a spin, which is, of course, preceded by a
stall... to this day she tells of the flight, "Oh my goodness, we were
flying along and all the sudden a SIREN went off and I thought we were
going to die..."

-Dana
--
I can see clearly now, the brain is gone...