Old December 4th 05, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default From Piper Chieftan manual regarding engines

Unfortunately not at the moment. I have flown one, though. A rickety old
thing used mainly for type endorsements.

I'm preparing to get back into flying after a looooooong hiatus, if I can
find the spare money.Could still be some months away at the earliest. I'm
doing a lot of reading and learning about things I really didn't understand
previously, but just did because that was the way I was taught.

I find it useful to go through POHs and look at the procedures and the
performance charts and explain to myself why things are done the way they
are, and why the charts come out the way they do. I found the Chieftan one
the other day, and it's a good, complex plane to try to come to theoretical
grips with.

wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 22:43:28 GMT, "xerj" wrote:

Thanks for that.

I was having a hard time understanding what was going on. All makes sense
now.

Good deal.

You flying one? getting ready to fly one?

I allegedly useta fix them, and still have details of most of the
systems rattling around in my skull.

TC