Old August 14th 20, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default New Electric Motorglider-Birdy

John Foster wrote on 8/13/2020 7:02 PM:
On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 2:38:28 PM UTC-6, AS wrote:
On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 2:30:46 PM UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
Are there any performance figures anywhere? I looked around but could not find any.

Boggs

Go here and scroll down:
https://ebirdycom.files.wordpress.co...birdyx2019.pdf

Uli
'AS'

40:1 glide ratio sounds nice, but a VNE of 200km/hr seems a bit limiting for anything but purely relaxed recreational flying.

With a max wing loading of 34 kg/m2, 200 kph will have you coming down at a rapid
rate, so it's not the limiting factor for flying fast.