Old January 7th 18, 08:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Lubricant for spar pins

Aeroshell 33. I've only seen one glider manual that said anything more specific than something like "use a non cold-coagulating grease" and if I recall correctly it was the L33 my club used to own and the manual had a MIL-Spec that Aeroshell 6 satisfied. I found that 6 was somewhat better than white lithium for resisting corrosion on a ship kept outdoors here in the rainy Pacific Northwest but 33 was MUCH better. Damn hard to wash off your clothes though.