Old January 10th 18, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default Short cuts

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 12:10:09 PM UTC-6, wrote:
"Sustainers provide a safety net which results in guys being able to take chances they normally would not take when flying a conventional glider. No one can tell me that guys fly a course in a sustainer the same as a non motor equiped machine."

Yikes! That seems like a foolish dice-rolling approach to using a device that does't work 100% of the time.

I decrease my probability of having a field landing and ground retrieve, but trade that in for an increased probability of killing myself. What on earth are people thinking?

I generally associate an adrenaline rush while flying with an inescapable sense that I've done something very, very stupid. Not at all enjoyable.

If you enjoy flying gliders for the sensation of risking your life, my advice is you should stop before you have a little bit too much fun.

Andy