Old October 15th 05, 10:51 PM
Jonathan Goodish

Default Bid to buy the Beechcraft was rigged?

In article ,
"Montblack" wrote:
The 2005 Beechcraft Bonanza cost $727,000, but a Minnesota company said the
state could have bought a better plane for half the price. Now, lawmakers
wonder if the bid to buy the Beechcraft was rigged.

In my opinion, the Bonanza is a better plane than the SR22, though it
would seem to make sense that the State of MN should purchase a plane
manufactured by a MN company.

Nevertheless, I can guarantee that the state legislature has MILLIONS of
pork in other areas, so someone must have an axe to grind to pick up on
a possible $400k unnecessary expenditure.

JKG