Old April 20th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
flynrider via AviationKB.com

Default Avgas prices in your area?

wise purchaser wrote:
I fly to KBHM ( Birmingham, AL) Avag gas is $ 5.38 Gal!!! Just
over the border in Tennessee AVGAS gas is about $ 3.38 Gal! ?????
WHY???

The usual reason is that Birmingham probably sells more fuel than the
Tennesee airport. Avgas is usually priced by the cost of the load, when
delivered to the airport. This is unlike autogas stations that constantly
change their prices to follow the market.

If the Tennesee airport is still working on getting rid of 2,000 gallons
that they bought 3 weeks ago, then the price would be substantially lower.

I see this at my local airport all the time. We have two self serve pumps
run by different vendors. When prices are going up, whichever pump has the
newest fuel is priced higher. It works in reverse when prices are dropping.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)