Old May 2nd 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian[_1_]

Default Most amusing land out

Landing in an empty truck parking lot once. I mis-read the wind and
ended up landing downwind. As a result I was fast an unable to stop in
the lot and ended up crossing the road along the side of the parking
lot (Checked both ways for traffic before crossing, not that I could
have done anything about it if a car had been coming) and stopped in a
Farm Implement lot behind a house on the other side of the road.

Shortly after stopping a lady with a walker came out of the house and
told me that she had flew with the WAC's in WWII and thought having a
glider in her back yard was very cool. My wife had been following
along with the trailer and arrived about 10 minutes later. Had to be
one of the easiest and fastest retrieves I have ever done.

Brian