Old May 2nd 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Most amusing land out

these are all great!

Matt and I got visited by the State Police when we landed out last
spring in the Lark. He didnt stick around to help derig, said
something about a lot of towns in the area having prom that night,
sounded like a likely excuse...

My last landout in the Cherokee last year was 103 nautical miles
downwind in a beautiful fresh mowed hay field. On short final I
noticed a large group of about 30 people standing outside the house
watching me land. All were dressed in blue with straw hats and I knew
that I had arrived in Amish Paradise. Probably the friendliest folks
Ive met on a landout. Matt arrived with the trailer soon after.
Derig was very slow as the men really wanted to help, but were also
full of questions. The kids soaked it all in but didnt speak. Also
got a good picture and an article in the county newspaper.

Keep em coming!

Tony