Old December 4th 10, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
John Szalay[_2_]

Default Searching for Budd RB-1 Conestoga NC45354

TuckerFan48 wrote in

un-verified information ,
it was scrapped in Calif. after
repeated mech. failures.

I didn't see anything other than a picture in Aerofiles but then I'm
not familiar with tracking aircraft at all. Don't records need to be
reported to the FAA on aircraft?

IF the aircraft in use, yes, annuals inspections, flight plans ETC:
but if the registration has not been renewed or expired, they have no way
of knowing what happens to the aircraft.

I'm not a lawyer.
But I am not aware of any requirement to notify the FAA of the aircraft's
status, other than registration, annual inspections. and or possible mods.
with a request for variance of type-acceptance. & Flight plans, IF in use,
for required areas.