Old February 24th 17, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default FES&electric system batteries

On 02/24/2017 10:16 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
Rich white guys? How about people who simply work for a living as most
home builders are? Since you're a glider pilot you must be a "rich
white guy" too. Or are you a female, or a different color, or does it
really matter? Not to me. Is that you, Dave?

My point was that Jim Bede was always promising more than he could
deliver and asking the hopeful builders to hang in there.

Take a deep breath Dan. Yes Bede overpromised on delivery, so there's
that similarity. But Tesla gets huge government subsidies that reduce
the price to the consumer, but still they're expensive and basically a
luxury item. There's no semblance of the free market at play with
Tesla, so expecting the pricing for FES batteries to be comparable to
Tesla's is never going to happen, unless some government wants to pour
taxpayer money into the things, which is never going to happen.

On 2/24/2017 9:53 AM, kinsell wrote:
Don't think the BD-5 had massive government subsidies to help rich
white guys buy the things. Picking winners and losers didn't extend
down to the homebuilt GA market. Defense contractors, sure.

On 02/24/2017 09:34 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
Sounds a bit like the BD-5, doesn't it?

On 2/24/2017 8:26 AM, wrote:
On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 8:03:41 AM UTC-6,
wrote:
Tesla makes all their profits off carbon credit games. Thus Tesla
pricing might not match reality.
Plus, they are selling 'vapor ware', what a concept! You give us $$$'s
of your hard earned money for something that doesn't really exist yet
(but we promise you a spot in the line, maybe). Call back in a couple
of years. Oh, and buy our stock, will you?