Old May 29th 19, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default WTB - ASW-27 Schleicher Factory Sized O2 Bottle

On Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 9:26:42 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
Some medical supply houses may still have steel D cylinders. Here's one.

https://www.boundtree.com/Oxygen-Equ...ize-D/p/020916

"This cylinder comes standard with a CGA870 medical post valve but can be fitted with a toggle valve, or a CGA540 valve."
Their prices are hidden unless you're logged in.

Another site charges $18 for the CGA540 option. But the spec'd volume on their D cylinder is odd.
https://www.emtmedicalco.com/MD-D-CY...70-K870MDS.htm

Jim

I recently bought 2 D size alum cylinders from Mountain High for $205 each. The fit perfectly into my new ASH31Mi with the factory supplied cylinder fittings. I also bought a M122 alum cylinder (3455 liters) from wtfarley.com for $299 and a CGA540 trans-fill adapter from ebay for $70:

https://www.wtfarley.com/M122-Alumin...-CGA-540-Valve

https://vod.ebay.com/vod/FetchOrderD...&ul_noapp=true

Everything has DOT stamps - no Euro crap. I got the M122 filled with aviator's O2 at the local Oxarc for $40 (aviator's O2 is regular O2 that has been tested for moisture). By way of comparison, filling a single D2 cylinder at the airport typically costs $40. This should cover me for an entire season of soaring and pay for the cost of the equipment. And I can fly from ANY airport, including those that don't have O2 service. Note: you can fill ANY cylinder you want from your own supply cylinder - no DOT stamp required!

Tom