Old July 23rd 03, 10:29 PM
Ron Natalie

"Steve House" wrote in message ...
I'm curious - if the pilot in question happens to hold a commercial license
but everything else is the same - ie, the flight does not take place in the
course of the operation of a business but is more like "Hey Joe, you're a
pilot. I've gotta get my mechanic over to XYZ in a hurry - if you rent a
plane to take him, I'll cover all the costs of the trip and give you $50
for your trouble" does the flight and the financial transactions now become
legal if the pilot holds a commercial ticket?

It might be. If the pilot flies someone for hire, he most likely needs a 135
certificate. If the company has a plane and they say, hey I need you to
fly our mechanic in one of our planes, then it's ok with just the commercial.