Old December 16th 05, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Actual Time in Sacramento

Jeez... What was I thinking, starting a thread an hour before an
office Christmas party???

I was looking out the window or our office, in Eldorado Hills, when I
submitted my post, and the RVR seemed to be about 3/4 mile, with a
vertical visibility that seemed likely to allow for catching the runway
environment at 800 - 1000 feet (at least). It was probably a little
more soupy, down by Arco Arena, but that's what I was seeing. I
confirmed that on my way out, but checking the RVR on Latrobe road with
my odometer.

I was thinking that MHR, as Robert mentioned would be a good place to
practice. The opportunity of getting back to clear conditions in EDH
or Cameron Park is a nice out! An engine out, is always on your mind,
and we all have to determine if we are willing to take that risk with a
single engine plane... I'm still on the fence, but mostly due to a
lack of experience! Definitely wouldn't do it in a rental, as you guys
mentioned in a later thread!

Best Regards,
Todd