Old February 26th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Flying on the Cheap - VOX

A simple solution would be to go to your local aircraft salvage and pic
up on the cheap a microphone and earphone speakers from a civil headset
and transplant them. The impededence of both are a problem, not just the
microphone. The microphone simply plugs in but the earphones will
require some experince with a 30 watt soldering pencil.

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you again VW'er,

Unfortunately, all talks of electronics fly right over my head.

Off on a slight tangent, I purchased two old military headsets that
have helicopter type plugs many years back. What do I need to get
these working (being compatible with civil radios)? Something about
the mic not being compatible was what I remembered, but I really need
layman's term to understand. I fly choppers, so the one plug thingy
fits fine, no need to change to airplane's two plug type, just the
mics
I think something with impedence?

The Monk