Old September 1st 17, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Default Where can I train in a PW-6? Seminole Lake's is down for maintenance for a couple of months

The PW-5 is easy to fly. It was my first single seater after requalifying
in an L-23.

I was advised to trim a bit forward before launch so that any correction
would
be stick back. Works just fine.

Like the K-21 and G-103 the noise from the front will prompt you to gently
raise
the nose wheel at the proper time.

Check canopy eject handle has not been actuated. I was happily flying
around
for three hours up to 90 kt thinking the PW-5 was noisy. Raising the canopy

after landing, the whole thing came off and I had to put it on the ground.

As an owner you need to understand the canopy eject mechanism and how to
reinstall the canopy.

As before mentioned the PW-5 is very light on the controls. I suspect the
PW-6
will not be quite as nimble.