Old September 1st 17, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Johnny Joyner

Default Where can I train in a PW-6? Seminole Lake's is down formaintenance for a couple of months

On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 5:56:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi, all.

I have a PW-5 that I bought but have never flown. Since the PW-6 is the 2-place trainer for the PW-5, I was hoping to train in a PW-6 for and hour or so before attempting the PW-5.

I just spoke with Seminole Lake Gliderport (here in Florida) who said that their PW-6 is down for maintenance for a couple of months.

Unfortunately SSA's search engine(as far as I know) doesn't have a search filter to find out which gliderports have a PW-6 available for training.

Does anyone know if there is one in (or near) Florida? or how can I find out where are all the PW-6's available for training in the US?

Ben

PW-5 is VERY easy to fly even for a very low time pilot. It is easier to turn while taxiing on the main wheel. the nose wheel tends to make it want to go in a straight line. When landing, The nose wheel makes for a nice short roll out. The tail being off the ground makes it a very safe off field lander. If you can fly a 1-26 you can fly a PW-5