Old September 8th 17, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default 2017 Dust Devil Dash - Mountain Valley Airport (L94) California

Outlook for Dust Devil Dash (DDD) - Sat Sep 9th - UPDATE Thur night

Still on track for very good DDD soaring on a route north... then NE near Tonopah to Elko to JackPot ... and beyond? Shower deviation in Central and NE Nevada.

XCSkies NAM is showing MVA max thermals 11am 11-12k msl... but Skysight only 9.5-10.5k msl. SE-E low level winds favor starting near Tehachapi Mtn or perhaps a little further west.

Probably blue conditions until Sacatar or Olancha Pk. Covergence zone will be west of normal near W edge Kern River Canyon. Max cu bases/thermal height Kernville to Olancha Pk probably 12-13k msl. I would not recommend staying west & flying up Kern River J(safety factor) then crossing over. Best route is the usual... Paiute to Plateau to Olancha Pk. Cross at switchbacks to Inyos ... Whites then NE toward or north of Tonopah.

XCSkies and Skysight are showing complications with shower activity and lots of cu or low top CB from near Tonopah to Elko... perhaps all the way into extreme NE Neavada. Cloud bases Central Nevada 14-15k msl from XCSkies but I think this may be optimistic given the scattered showers and cloud cover..

Enough detail in my analysis... I can't make the flight for you

My weather board is in a Dropbox folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l6zvltqvu...S7IjxvEwa?dl=0

Check the Thursday night folder for XCSkies and Skysight graphics.

Walt Rogers WX