Old December 3rd 04, 12:26 PM
Dave

Default Bargin tcas alert

About a week ago I got a small collision prevention device called
trafficscope micro. It seems to work really well in areas of
congested airspace, and places I most frequent. It is not cheap
($200) but it works well for the intended purpose. The best price I
got was from talking to my local retail
http://www.flightessentials.net/inde...ROD&ProdID=746

I bought this after many frustrated incedents with our ATC system.
There have been numerous time where I was only one of the few aircraft
flying VFR at 1:00 AM in the morning dedicated to perhaps a single ATC
sector, and they failed to alert me to other approaching IFR traffic.
Most of the time I fly I often compete with incoming cargo flights
ranging from C-310 aircraft to Merlin turbo-props. None of these
aircraft have TCAS and are flying as blind as I am. I don't
understand how the FAA allows such a lapse in general aviation safety,
just because the hours we fly are o-dark'30. I understand that they
need to scale down their staff at night, but there is no excuse for
the lack of assitance I often get. However, I hear people get sports
updates freduently.