Old December 6th 04, 06:13 AM
Terri Johnson

I've been using my Micro since I got it and have never had a problem
seeing the bright green, yellow and red lights, even in the sun. It's
mounted on my dash where I don't have to take my eyes away from
scanning to see it. Sure, something over my headset would be since,
but for $249 (what I paid for it), I can't complain.

I've noticed in the many posts by Thomas Borchert that he sells the
Monroy. Perhaps there's a bias at work here? How much is the Monroy
compared to the Micro, I wonder...

T. Johnson

"Vaughn" wrote in message ...
"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Dave,

True. There is no "alert" per se, but it does give an indication as to
the nearest aircraft around me

Let's see: It's giving you a visual indication. While checking whether
that comes on, it will keep you from looking outside where the traffic
is - both traffic with an active transponder and that without one. Seems
to me that the net result is a loss of total time spent scanning for
traffic - for all of 200 bucks.

And if our intrepid pilot is not bothering to look out the window, what
makes you think that he/she will bother looking at the display on the little
TCAS box? It seems to me that adding an audable alert to that little gizmo
would be cheap...and necessary.

Vaughn

And yes, units with an aural warning are different in that very respect.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)