Old November 16th 04, 03:40 PM
Newps

Ron Natalie wrote:
Newps wrote:

I remember the FAA saying some other outlets were now legal, don't
recall what they are.

To my knowledge no such assertion has ever been made by the FAA.

There are websites that the FAA said are legal. The problem is you'd
have to print them out to prove you were there. Nobody's going to do that.

What proof does this give you? I'll reiterate what I said. Even
if you call the FSS and they DO NOT give you the TFR info, that will
not save your ass in an enforcement action.

It does if you ask and they fail to give you the info. That is fairly
common here with fires. These TFR's pop up, expand and move with some
regularity. There's always someone flying thru where they shouldn't.
But if the pilot asked AFSS about TFR's and they were not given the
proper info they are off the hook. Same goes for if I tell a pilot the
wrong info. That's on me, not on the pilot. That has also happened.