Old August 17th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Default Kyle gets the mini lathe home....

Stealth Pilot wrote:
Kyle gets the mini lathe home and then what???

snip

Years ago the father of good friend was a retired tool and die maker and
had taught machine shop in a community college. At the time I had
access to a lathe and didn't have a clue how to use it. His suggestion
was to buy some closet dowel and start my experimenting on that. His
reasoning was that I wouldn't ruin any cutting tools and the doweling
was pretty cheap.

I too am in the market for a lathe but I need something large enough to
turn some wheel hubs and disk brake carriers.

Tony