Old April 4th 10, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Intake plenum

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 12:52:03 -0700 (PDT), Neal Fulco
wrote:

I'm thinking about making a carb. heat plenum for my plane out of
fiberglass ( epoxy.) I had done it once for my Quickie many years
ago because that's what what the plans said to do. But that was a
very small plenum. Due to space constraints, it would be very easy to
make it out of fiberglass for my new project ( 120 h.p.) but I'm
wondering if the carb heat would be too hot for the fiberglass. I
will make it out of aluminum if I have to, but it would be harder to
do. Do you think the fiberglass would work? Thanks

Neal

Nope. Fiberglass (unless you are getting ito really exotic resins)
won't handle the heat.