Old December 11th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Foley

Default Looking For VP-2 Plans

"Mike Gaskins" wrote in message
ups.com...
IIRC, the designer of the VP-2 had some safety concerns with the plane
(namely it makes a marginal 2-seater, though as a single seat plane the
design is sound as I recall), and so he put the plans into the public
domain. Given that they are no longer copyrighted, and the designer
wants no part of them, if you can find a person with a set willing to
just make you a copy then that should be perfectly fine.

I can't find anything to support this. In fact, the Evans aircraft website
claims copyright on all VP-1 and VP-2 plans.