Old March 1st 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
ArtP

Default MS Flight Sim

I agree that flying MSFS in IFR is really flying.

When I fly with MSFS I always fly by hand. I have settings set to full
realism. I use real approach plates. I always set visibility to the
minimum for the approach. I fly the full approach. When I am finished
I am drained.

When I fly for real I use the autopilot coupled to the GPS. I am
really just a passenger. Flying for real is much easier than MSFS.
Even hand flying the real plane is much easier the MSFS.

But that is good because when all of the fancy fails for real, I will
be glad I spent all of that time on MSFS.