Old July 4th 11, 10:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Atheist Chaplain[_2_]

Default Filament wound airfoils. (again)

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

"Atheist Chaplain" wrote in message

Second hand jabs are thick on the ground and the local airport is filling
up with them, I like be a little different :-)
New Sportscruiser would be nice but I would have to sell both my kids
kidneys to get one :-)

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church
of Scientology International]

Would you be prepared to buy into the Zenith CH-701 vs Savannah debate?
I really like the idea of the former with a Continental 0-200.

...or are they a little too agricultural?

Me? I *like* the looks, and definitely prefer a high wing.
...and none of that smelly resin stuff.

--
Jeff R.

:-)
I grew up on that smelly resin stuff, I made quite a few canoes and kayaks
while at High School for the school and a couple on the side for private
consumption :-)
Haven't seen a Savannah or Zenith in the flesh yet but a I hear they fly
well.
As I learnt to fly in a J160 and have also flown a J230 on the odd occasion
I do like high wing AC but, as anyone who has flown a J160 can tell you they
do jump around a bit when its lumpy and in my dotage I would like something
that is a bit more stable and dare I say comfortable :-)
I also like the almost 180 degree vision afforded some of the modern low
wings, and with a few of the "cowboys" (Or as I like to call them "CUBs"
{Cashed Up Bogans}) that are currently training in my area, the sooner I
get to see them coming the better I like it.
Haven't got my head around tail draggers yet either so don't have an opinion
one way or the other.