Old March 21st 04, 10:07 PM

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:00:33 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

We could return to an existence where airplanes, motorcycles, leaf blowers,
boom boxes, jet skis and all other noisy artifacts of civilization were
banned, but that would be tantamount to a ban on civilization itself.

So you don't see any possible technological solution to reducing
aircraft generated noise?

I'm sure glad the engineers continued to pursue a technological cure
for the low-flying police helicopters that routinely routed my slumber
in the '70s. Today those helicopters are nearly silent by comparison.

Like most technical problems, the solution requires intelligent
thought and compromise.