Old December 2nd 13, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Kawa

On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:44:00 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi In is book S. Kawa write that in AST you have to determine the "task required speed". He do not explain how or what this mean. I know the speed after the flight. Explanation please Thank you

By estimating how long it should take to fly the task, the pilot can select a start time that uses the best portion of the forecasted weather. For most of us, it pays to start a little before that perfect time in order to make sure we will get home without the day going dead at the end.

UH