Old November 2nd 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

Default 757 lands on EWR taxiway by mistake

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
. ..
If it's going to happen, I can actually see it as an easier mistake to
make in daylight.

Especially at OSH where one of the taxiways is converted into a runway
anyway... It's not *whether* you might be landing on a taxiway, but *if* you
are going to be landing on the *correct* one...

I find the difference between the two even more obvious at night, when
edge lighting, sequenced approach lights, touchdown zone lighting,
etc... are all in operation.

Hmmm... Let's extend the OSH arrivals to night... That should make for a
little more adrenaline in flying the approach... grin

"Plane with red and green wingtip lights, rock your wings"... snicker