Old July 15th 03, 01:43 PM

I just bought a VXA-210 last year, and have a couple of glaring
annoyances with it. The two biggest are the troublesome squelch
adjustment, and the lack of a flip-flop feature. Also annoying is the
requirement to store a frequency in memory in order to use it as split or
priority mode. I tried using it for VFR flight following before my plane
had real radios (used external antenna with it), but the frequency setting
was just impossible for anything other than a single one. Anyway, not
sure about the VXA-700, but perhaps someone familiar with it can address
these issues. Other than that, I haven't had any complaints with the
operation/performance.

-Cory

: Jerry Guy wrote in message ...
: I recently purchased one as an upgrade to my vxa-150.
: I haven't used it much yet, and not at all in the a/c.
: Briefly, it's small. Audio from the speaker is about the same as my old
: vxa-150, that is NOT as good as the Icom. (IMHO) Sounds 'tinny'.
: Lots of user memory available, many scan functions.
: Li-ion battery expensive, and the alkaline pack works on recieve only.
: Comes with charger and headset adapter.
: If you have any specific questions feel free to email me.
:
: Jerry
:
: EGWW wrote:
: Im considering buying the new Vertex Standard 700 and would appreciate informed
: opinions on the radio based on owners experience
: thanks Jim.

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *