Old July 3rd 09, 07:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

Default Move FSX airport that's in wrong location

On Jul 2, 11:07*pm, vic20owner wrote:
On Jul 2, 10:04 pm, "Ray" wrote:

My favorite gliderport to fly from in real life (79N, Ridge Soaring in
Unionville, Pennsylvania, USA)
is incorrectly located in FSX.
The gliderport is placed about 300 yds too far NW. This puts the whole thing
on the
wrong side of the adjacent highway, and projects the airport part way into
some nearby small
hills. As a result, FSX incorrectly shows substantial cliffs at the NW
airport boundary.
It's starting to bug me. Is this something that's easily fixed (at least, in
my copy of FSX)?

If you are only flying gliders, have you tried Condor? *It's easier to
make your own scenery and the physics, towing, and weather (thermals)
are better, not to mention the frame rates... and of course it's
geared towards multiplayer racing which is fun. *I used to fly in FSX
but got frustrated with it's slowness and unrealistic weather
patterns. *Sure does look nice though, and good practice for
instrument flying, etc. *I may install it again and give it another
chance.

I think the same bug exists in the db of my Garmin Pilot III. The
reference point is on the other side of PA Rt.220.
Uli Neumann
Libelle 'GM'