Old July 3rd 09, 08:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
smithcorp

Default Move FSX airport that's in wrong location

On Jul 3, 10:04*am, "Ray" wrote:
My favorite gliderport to fly from in real life (79N, Ridge Soaring in
Unionville, Pennsylvania, USA)
is incorrectly located in FSX.
The gliderport is placed about 300 yds too far NW. This puts the whole thing
on the
wrong side of the adjacent highway, and projects the airport part way into
some nearby small
hills. As a result, FSX incorrectly shows substantial cliffs at the NW
airport boundary.
It's starting to bug me. Is this something that's easily fixed (at least, in
my copy of FSX)?

Hi Ray - two good places to ask that question would be he
http://www.virtualsoaring.org/

and he http://carrier.csi.cam.ac.uk/forster...fsx/index.html

Forster Lewis is active both places and is a bit of an FSX soaring
guru (being involved in development of a new glider by Aerosoft,
though it seems to have fallen off the radar a bit with flight model
issues I understand). I don't doubt he could help you get it right.

regards

smithcorp