Old January 26th 07, 11:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Frequency of convictions for lying on FAA medical form

C J Campbell writes:

The FAA does not care, obviously, if it causes depression. It is, in fact,
their job goal. Their motto is "We're not happy until you're not happy."

I'm surprised that it works this way. The medical requirements seem
to be inspired by (but not inspected by) NASA's astronaut programs or
something. They fail to properly address real potential problems
while dramatically overemphasizing things that aren't problems at all.
They generally impose a higher-than-necessary standard for fitness.