Old May 20th 04, 08:42 PM
Jeb Hoge

Guy Alcala wrote in message ...

I was at Moffett some years back ('86 maybe?) when the T-birds opened the show
with the Diamond passing overhead the crowd from behind, as the announcer was
directing our attention forwards. Highly unusual opening, and I don't know how
they got away with it.

I'm 95% positive they did that at the Tullahoma TN air show (Arnold
AFB 50th anniversary) a couple of summers back. Small-town show, with
the fast-movers flying out of Smyrna IIRC, but the T-Birds did a few
over-the-crowd passes, including the fast sneakover. Oh, and speaking
of sneakovers, the F-117 at Andrews last weekend pulled one of those
too.

You'd think an F-104 would be a poor airshow performer, but it's all a question of
showcasing the strengths of the a/c.

There were a pair of civilian Zippers flying the Tullahoma show, too,
and in a way, I almost wish they hadn't, because they've ruined
airshows for me for good (at least until the Raptor starts flying
them). I still can barely believe the howl those things made.