Old December 27th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default spins from coordinated flight

Jose wrote:
To define turn using axis reference is not the best way to explain
turn since once established in a stable turn there should be no
movement on the airplane's axis system.

I am not sure I'm getting this.

We'll ignore translation (straight line motion).

The axis system is (as I have been using it) fixed to the aircraft, and
the axis system moves whenever the aircraft rotates (around any point).
It has nothing to do with the actual earth's horizon.
Then, as I understand it, rotation of the aircraft involves a rotation
around one or more of the axes. Yaw involves rotation (=of= the
longitudinal axis, and thus the airplane) =about= the (airplane)
vertical axis, =in= the plane (roughly described by the wing tips and
tail) of the (airplane) horizontal axes.

In a turn, slipping, skidding, or coordinated, the nose of the airplane
(dragging the longitudinal axis with it) is changing its direction. The
airplane is changing heading. If this happens at a constant rate (say,
3 degrees per second), I would say the aircraft is yawing at a steady
angular velocity, and undergoing no acceleration in yaw. To =enter= or
=leave= this state would require an =acceleration= of yaw in one
direction or another.

Where do our understandings and vocabulary diverge?

Jose

Jose;
Do some research on the aircraft axis system and what each axis
represents, then research forces in turns. It should become clearer then.
Thank you

--
Dudley Henriques