Old December 28th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Todd W. Deckard

Default spins from coordinated flight

For my conclusion I am fixed in the stall + yaw = spin (where I was to start
with).

I appreciate the references to the Transport Canada material as the tendency
for the airplane to
"go over the top" when snapping over from a climbing turn was a very needed
reminder and
I intend to experiment with it aggressively next year with the appropriate
equipment and circumstances.

At Mr. Henriques suggestion I solicited an explaination from Rich Stowell:

He is the evangelist for the P-A-R-E recovery acronymn.

Power (to idle)
Ailerons (to neutral)
Rudder (against the spin)
Elevator (briskly forward to break the stall).

I must say he drafted a very thoughtful response to me in a direct email.

The only conclusion I can offer to this essay is to point to his web site,
and his book(s):

http://www.richstowell.com/

He articulately explained that the inclinometer is not a precise indication
of coordinated flight and that
some form of yaw is a necessary ingredient to the spin.

With this I'll sign off, thanks for the responses.

Todd Deckard