Old December 14th 04, 07:51 PM
Klein

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:00:58 GMT, "ShawnD2112"
wrote:

Klein,

Thanks for contributing that. Personally I was curious as to what the
differences in flying characteristics were and why one aircraft might be
preferable over the other in different situations. If you don't mind my
asking, why do you own both? Are they different enough (comfort factor
aside) that it makes it worth having one of each?

Thanks!
Shawn

At the highest levels of international unlimited competition, just
look at what people are flying......it's mostly Sukhoi and CAP. Very
few Extras. I can't tell you why because I'm not flying at that
level. ;-)

I have had the Extra since 1998 and just got the Sukhoi a year ago. I
thought that I would just keep them both for a while and see if one or
the other ended up neglected in the corner of the hangar. If so, I'd
sell that one. So far that hasn't happened.

Even if I never take the Extra to a competition again, it is still
very useful as a hotrod runabout. Sort of like have a nice Porsche
Turbo in the garage for those occassional trips around the
neighborhood, while the Sukhoi is really a good bit more specialized
on competition and air show work.

Hope this helps,
Klein