Old July 9th 03, 04:42 PM
Ron Natalie

"Capt. Doug" wrote in message ...
I had the opportunity to fly a Jetstream 31 recently. The -31 is a 19
passenger pressurized turboprop commuter with a MGTOW of 14,450 pounds. It
was built by British Aerospace with Garrett engines. Most have a belly pod
added for additional cargo space.

Nice article. I think you had the best seat in the house. The passenger
seats are horrendously awful in the 31, that and I can keep tripping over
the damn spar carrythrough. I hate them damn propstreams. I hear
the 41 is better, I'll find out next week.

Over-all, I enjoyed flying the -31. It doesn't have the baggage space that
comparable planes have, even with the belly pod, but operators I know who
use -31s are happy with them.

At least it's not like the Fairchild/Swearingen Metro which doesn't have any
in cabin storage either. I couldn't understand them when they wanted to
check my briefcase until I found there was no way I could stow it under
the seat.