Old January 31st 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default bad cylinder

Jay Honeck wrote:
1) Overhaul or buy a new one?

New.

Yup. I just got off the phone with pricing from Superior & Air Power.
Not only that, but a local EAA member wants the old core.

2) If buying a new one, which company? And is there a core refund?

Millennium, hand's down.

Yup. That's the pricing.

3) What is the difference in break-in procedure for overhaul v new?

No difference.

Make a cool lamp out of the old cylinder!

Tried to make a lamp out of the old fixed gear, no luck.

On my way to the airport to talk options with the shop. It may not
be the entire cylinder. It may just be the rings, and the cylinder is
still good.